Its been 9 months since I had Layla. Although my life has changed so much around me, I wonder what it's like for Layla. Not so long ago was she inside my womb in the safety of my body. Everyday she sees new things, new creatures, new sounds, and new smells. Watching her through my eyes is a wonder. I know there are days where I am so tired and wishing I could sleep for a week. Anytime Layla smiles and shows har happiness and wonder for life, I have to just stop and think, how could I miss this for a second?! Everyday she brings something new to my life as she encounters new things. Its amazing! I live for her now because everything I have missed out on as a child, and not remembering the simplicity of life, has come back. So many things we take for granted everyday. Like the amazement of walking, movement, being mobile. Those are some of the little things in life that only an infant be so happy about. I mean I know I am thankful to be able to walk, but I never think about it. An infant is happy when they can get to that special object they want, we on the other hand do it and think nothing of it. The little things in life I am learning to appreciate because I see them so different through my daughters eyes. Everyday is beautiful and something worth celebrating. Layla is everything to me, everyday.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Everyday...
Its been 9 months since I had Layla. Although my life has changed so much around me, I wonder what it's like for Layla. Not so long ago was she inside my womb in the safety of my body. Everyday she sees new things, new creatures, new sounds, and new smells. Watching her through my eyes is a wonder. I know there are days where I am so tired and wishing I could sleep for a week. Anytime Layla smiles and shows har happiness and wonder for life, I have to just stop and think, how could I miss this for a second?! Everyday she brings something new to my life as she encounters new things. Its amazing! I live for her now because everything I have missed out on as a child, and not remembering the simplicity of life, has come back. So many things we take for granted everyday. Like the amazement of walking, movement, being mobile. Those are some of the little things in life that only an infant be so happy about. I mean I know I am thankful to be able to walk, but I never think about it. An infant is happy when they can get to that special object they want, we on the other hand do it and think nothing of it. The little things in life I am learning to appreciate because I see them so different through my daughters eyes. Everyday is beautiful and something worth celebrating. Layla is everything to me, everyday.
Labels:
day to day,
Dear Layla,
life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love your wording for the love of your daughter...how much she means to you. *smile* Very Beautiful. I get how as adults we take things for granted, unlike a infant who is happy for even the simpliest thingz..I'm vibing with ya wordz ma. Stay Blessed..
ReplyDelete