Monday, January 24, 2011

Unhappy Changes

Patients is a virtue, or at least that's what they say. I am patiently waiting for Laylas teething to be over, or at least for there to be a break. I recently found myself deciding to cut down on the breast feeding, if not all of it, at least the day time feedings. Everything was going great, that is until I realized Layla is breaking teeth. Four to be exact! That decision came along with the decision to start putting Layla in her crib at bedtime. So many changes for this poor little angel. In addition to everything else I am sadly putting my baby through she has a runny nose on top of it. I personally hate being sick and I am not sure I know anyone who actually likes it. I feel for Layla but at the same time, I am unsure how to make it all go away. I have been working very hard at trying to maintain her pain and keep her nose wiped. I have also been giving in to her day time nursing as some form of comfort. With everything I do I continue to feel overwhelmed with all these feelings regarding if I am doing anything right. :( It breaks my heart but I continue to do what everyone has told me I should be doing. I really wish I could just keep her close to me at night in the security of my own personal bed. One day she won't want to cuddle with me and then will I regret letting her go so soon? I am being patient and hoping that at some point I will see the light. I am hoping for that feeling that I did the right thing. I am waiting for that sense of accomplishment and that Layla can be content with the decision I have chosen for her and she can happily go to bed alone, in her own crib. Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment