
After 9ish long months I made it. Well almost. I knew once I had a baby I would want him or her baptized. Since the only faith I knew was Catholic. That is the path that was most obvious. In order to achieve my daughter being baptized, I myself had to take a personal journey to get where I am today. At first when I heard the class would be 9 months I couldn't believe it. I was shocked. Apparently though most Catholic churches require 2-3 years and is much more in depth. Although I am now baptized along with Layla I know there is so much more to come and learn. This is a life decision, one I am sooo happy I can share with my baby. I will learn and be able to teach her and I am sure she will learn and teach me. Along with her god parents as well. Especially Laylas god mother who without her most likely would not have been able to pull it off... She helped with preparing the BBQ and everything else that came our way. I couldn't ask for a better support system in my life as well as Layla's. I want Layla to have faith in her life. It has always been a struggle for me and although I am not perfect, I know can better better judgments for the things I do and say. It is hard but I know I have God on my side now and he will always steer me in the right direction. As long as I listen. :) Layla had such a long day, from last minute running around, to the BBQ and then home to get ready and back to the church for 7:15. Mass was at 8pm and lasted for about 3 hours. I have such a trooper. When Layla was starting to break down from her tiredness, I started to lose it too. I was so worried about Layla being able to stick it through. But she did, tears and all. When I look back at the whole experience, I am thankful. I have learned so much and gained so much. Knowledge, friends, and faith. I would do this over in heart beat no questions asked. I also know now I have given a wonderful gift to my baby. I couldn't ask for more.

Mommy & Baby

My Angel


The wonderful God Parents
Eddie & Liz Pollizo
No comments:
Post a Comment