One of my favorite newborn shots taken by me!
Now I know a lot of people stop counting by the months of their baby probably not too far past 24 months... I don't.... Well I haven't stopped, yet! I will though...Eventually.
Today marks Layla being 29 Months old.
So why do I do it?
To keep track of all the pictures I take and make sure they are in order.
All the files on my computer go Month(28)2.27.12-3.26.12
I don't know why I do it, it just seems simpler that way
And at the end of the month, I open a new folder and start all over again for the new month
I think I'm a little crazy as many already do
But at the same time its my worry
Its a worry that I will forget a memory
That I will forget when it happened
A memory that will be lost just as fast as the time passes
A worry that I will never get those memories back
A worry that I will never be able to show Layla how happy of a baby she was
The dates on those folders probably mean nothing more than dates
The pictures are worth more than a thousands words I know this is true
But letting one single part of those moments,
seems like that's slowly letting go of those memories we cherish with our babies
At what age and time do we just say two, three or four?
From the moment Layla was born, all those little moments were the ones that count
The special bonding moments of nursing
The sounds of her cries(which was few)
Her sleeping patterns
Or lack of
The way she would laugh at the silliness of almost nothing
Her pure innocence
Having Layla has been nothing more than a joy
Through all the ups and theres many
To all the downs, we always seem to come back up
As Layla gets older I will try and take in every moment big and small
Sometimes we get side tracked
Its ok, the small moments count just as much as the big
Layla is a very smart little girl who is loved very much and by many.
Happy 29th Month Birthday !

No comments:
Post a Comment